(LS41) Senior Sustainability Consultant
£35,000.00 - 45,000.00 Per Annum
My Client is an independent engineering and sustainability consultancy that provides tailored advice to our clients to deliver practical, well – engineered sustainable solutions. My client’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, cost effective and innovative advice to our clients which is underpinned by sound knowledge of engineering and sustainable design and which results in buildings, products and organisations that operate with a lower environmental impact.
The business’s success is underpinned by the creativity, enthusiasm, knowledge and hard work of their staff who are at the centre of everything they do. My client aims to deliver exceptional consultancy advice to their clients, who also actively promote innovation, imagination and new ways of working to ensure they are always one step ahead. My client also provides a flexible and caring environment for all their staff.
Role – General Description
The main element of the role will be to provide sustainability support to the team including environmental certification of buildings, development of sustainability strategies for buildings and masterplans and organisational support to help clients achieve their corporate sustainability requirements. The successful candidate will also be heavily involved with consultancy relating to embodied carbon and circular economy as well as achievement of Net Zero Carbon for buildings and corporations.
As part of your role, you will be supporting the team with direct technical delivery based on a defined project scope, however, you will be expected to lead the delivery of some projects, requiring good organisational and management skills. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to the development of the business through involvement in writing fee proposals attending project interviews and fostering business relationships with both existing and potential clients.
Responsibilities – Technical
· Full management of environmental assessment of building using BREEAM, LEED, WELL standard and Ska including collation of evidence and certification
· Development of circular economy strategies for buildings including development of Life Cycle Impact assessments
· Coordination of sustainability strategies for projects through collaboration with other team members.
· Coordination and delivery of sustainability services to support planning applications
· Development of bespoke sustainability strategies to assist clients establishing and/or achieving compliance with their corporate sustainability targets
· Full understanding of design guides and testing methodologies to achieve Net Zero Carbon in order to successfully coordinate strategies
· Provide consultancy advice on sustainable issues including water efficiency, health and wellbeing and waste
Responsibilities – General
· Agree level of service and project outputs with your manager for each project, including understanding the scope, timescale and target profitability of each project
· Attend project meetings as required and present findings / progress reports
· Manage the budget of individual projects including reporting to the management team on costs and progress
· Monitor contract staff or third-party contractors as required for each project
· Maintain excellent client and delivery team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business
· Develop project proposals and attend project interviews and presentations as required
· Have a good science, environmental, engineering, architecture or energy degree
· At least 2 years’ experience in a related role
· Track record of environmental certification for buildings (BREEAM, LEED, WELL etc)
· Good understanding of the policy and regulatory landscape relating to sustainable buildings and building energy in the UK
· Good understanding of energy and sustainability planning policy, particularly in London and project experience of developing sustainability strategies for planning
· Good understanding of Net Zero Carbon standards
· Good understanding of methodologies for embodied carbon quantification and design principles for circular economy including project experience
· Good experience of front line (face to face) delivery to customers
· Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines, independently and as a team member or leader
· Good experience of analysing data using tools such as excel
· Highly motivated, customer focused and willing to take on new challenges
· Knowledge and experience of energy efficient building design and specification
· Good understanding of factors affecting occupant comfort including use of test methods (e.g. BUS) and modelling methods and software
· Experience of energy modelling for residential and non-residential buildings