(SB55) Facilities Assistant
£22,860.00 Per Annum
Job Title – Facilities Assistant
Location – Central London
Salary - £23,000
About the organisation –
In the 30 years since this architect firm was founded it has grown from 4 to 500 people and is a leading British architectural practice with key clients and projects in all major sectors, from housing, schools and sports buildings, exhibition spaces and offices and healthcare facilities, to the odd bus station and art gallery.
Job Description –
As a facilities assistant you will become a vital member of the facilities team within this architecture practice. You will ensure the smooth running of the office and be part of team that ensures the office operates at a high level on each working day. You will be involved with hands on work, such as rearranging offices, assisting with moving computers, setting up meetings/ conference rooms, etc… You will be split between these practices 2 offices which are a 10-minute walk apart.
Day to day responsibilities –
· Early morning walk around (both offices)
· Daily health and safety and maintenance checks, reporting and checking for any potential issues.
· Moving furniture around as per meeting requirements.
· Maintaining the office temperature, ensuring the heating/ cooling system is working.
· Distribute IT assets to staff who require them.
· Ensure refreshments and snacks are evenly distributed throughout the office.
· Resolve any potential IT/ printer issues.
· Keeping all communal areas clean and tidy.
· Bring post from post room and assist the reception team in distributing.
Monthly responsibilities –
· Assist with event setups as and when necessary.
· Participate in design reviews.
· Visit storage unit, delivering items, keeping records up to date.
· Assist with staff desk moves, and new setups.
· Organise recycling.
· Carryout archiving, keeping the database up to date at all times.
The person –
· Good communicator, and great social skills.
· Motivated, and has a can-do attitude.
· Incredibly friendly and approachable.
· Flexible -willing to help and learn.
· Team player.