Successful and very cool company, great working conditions and opportunities for future growth. Key skills:
- Fluency in R or Python.
- Experience managing data using SQL query.
- Experience building dashboards. Power Bi [desirable].
- Understanding of data science and machine learning techniques (supervised / unsupervised learning)
- 1-2 years of experience handling / analysing data in a professional environment
- Experience building machine learning models in a commercial environment
Great opportunity for a data scientist to make the jump to the next level and join a company at an exciting growth phase. The candidate will be surrounded by highly skilled individuals that will develop and nurture their own skills. The candidate is not pigeon-holed into only one aspect of the business but will end up working cross department on several tasks.
The data science role requires the candidate to manipulate, analyse and present large sets of data to senior management. This role is extremely important to the business as the quantitative and qualitative insights driven through big data analysis will help management better understand customer behaviour and make clear, actionable recommendations. In turn, this will improve the commerciality of players against trackable KPI’s.
This data scientist will report to CFO and Head of Marketing. There is an additional dotted reporting line to the Head of Data Science at their parent company.
The work will be divided into Analytics, reporting and daily analysis tasks (e.g. understanding causes for specific current trends in the data) as well as longer term projects related to modelling and predicting customer behaviour.
The Data Scientist will be working with large amounts of data with main skills and workload focusing on;
- Explaining customer behaviour
- Commercialising trends and patterns found.
- Solving business problems and providing practical business insight using data
- Communicating results in a succinct and easily digestible way
- The business is complex and has 10 active brands across numerous regions and currencies. The business also has differing hierarchies when evaluating data, depending on whether for marketing (cohort based) or financial (Calendar month).
My client has 4 main recipients of data science requests, namely VIP, Retention, Finance and Marketing. The role provides for numerous varying tasks and can range from simple to complex (with opportunity to work on both tasks and projects). The role assigns responsibility for delivery to the individual but there is a good support framework in place to support this function. The emphasis on delivery is often speed to market and they look to implement changes as efficiently as possible. The data science function is imperative as they are a data driven business.