£24,000.00 - 40,000.00 Per Annum
Salary is dependent on experience
My client, a Chartered Accountants, is looking for an Accountant to join their close-knit team. This position has become available due to expansion. They act for a wide variety of clients including individuals, partnerships, trusts, not for profit organisations and companies of various requirements regarding their book-keeping, wages, accounts, VAT, tax and general administration.
· Preparation of accounts ranging from straightforward income and expenditure statements to accounts of groups of limited companies
· Auditing accounts
· Preparation of monthly or periodic management accounts information
· Preparation of VAT returns
· Administration of client's affairs, such as writing up statutory books, preparing forms and returns and preparing dividend vouchers
· Preparation of income and corporation tax returns and income tax repayment claims
· Dealing with correspondence and phone calls to and from clients, HM Revenue & Customs, and other third parties
· Meeting clients at our premises, on their premises or elsewhere
· Recording time spent on client affairs on VPM
· Establishing basic computer literacy and developing sufficient knowledge to deal with the various computer hardware and software used by the firm.
· Generally assisting clients, Directors and work colleagues to deal with all client and internal matters to promote the smooth and efficient running of the office and work environment
· General support and assistance to the Directors
· Attending courses and keeping up to date with new developments in law, tax, accounting regulations and software, as appropriate and helping colleagues keep up to date
· Any other duties or responsibilities as required by the Directors.
· ACA/ACCA- desirable.
· Experience working in practice.
· Flexi time
· 28 days holiday +bank holidays
· Pension Scheme