(LF171) Assistant Accountant
£40,000.00 - 45,000.00 Per Annum
Assistant Accountant – 9 Month Maternity Temp Contract
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join our client, a leading global management consulting firm, on a 9-month contract.
As an Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from full ownership of the working capital cycle, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, assisting with the monthly close and financial reporting.
Our client pride themselves on their distinctively supportive, flexible working culture and are looking for a candidate who will enjoy working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, sharing their passion for providing innovative advisory service.
You will have:
· Previous applicable experience in finance and accounting
· Excellent attention to detail is essential
· Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide ranging responsibilities
· Ideally some SAP experience
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
· Good interpersonal skills, personable with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization
· Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Strong communication skills
· Preparation of accurate and reliable cash forecasts bi-weekly
· Daily Cash Monitoring of UK and ensuring movements are recorded in the Daily Cash schedules and posted to the necessary sub-ledger system. Eg: AP / AR / GL / Payroll.
· Full ownership of unit AR functions: developing relationships with partners on each client
· Managing the WIP cycle, reviewing contracts, raising invoices and chasing prompt payment from clients
· Maintain fixed asset registers - Ensure that new assets are added to register on a timely basis, depreciation is calculated and recorded correctly in the ledger, identifying and recording write offs where necessary; collecting any payments from staff when they buy old company assets
· Journal entries, production of monthly reports leading to preparation of management accounts
· Reconciling balance sheets and P&L accounts to the general ledger each month