In-house Counsel – FinTech specialising in Payments
In-house counsel to join the legal team of a very fast growing Global FinTech company specialising in Payments. This role will be reporting directly to the General Counsel and have a focus on supporting the growing volume of SaaS agreements with enterprise and mid-market clients and to help build the legal framework and infrastructure to support rapid business growth.
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- Be a business enabler by supporting the sales and account management teams in all aspects of customer agreements, from developing internal strategy, NDAs, through to negotiation and closing of full SaaS agreements.
- Managing the entire flow of all contracts, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and execution via a contract management tool.
- Leading the effort to resolve the majority of client queries and concerns in contract negotiations, including collaboration with internal stakeholders on specific areas of concern.
- Assisting with the legal review and response to requests for proposals.
- Assisting with maintenance and improvements of contracts management processes and systems as well as the implementation and enforcement of contract policies.
- Providing some administrative and other support to General Counsel, including research.
- A passionate self-starter, someone looking to take on responsibility to flourish.
- Extensive experience of managing contracts (specifically including drafting and negotiating licence agreements and related sales side subscription/technology contracts) and contractual operations in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the FinTech/Payments sector.
- Competence in managing Company Secretary filings for multiple jurisdictions; instructing external advisors where appropriate.
- To have experience with data privacy rules and contracts, implementing Data Protection audit recommendations and negotiating Data Processing Agreements/Exhibits.
- Experience in leading customer/partner-facing negotiations, explaining standard agreement terms to counter parties and negotiating fallback positions to those terms where appropriate.
- Have an excellent understanding of the impact of contract terms, compliance obligations and be able to explain contract terms to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Proven experience in bringing the sales and account teams and the client to final closure on agreements, including obtaining required approvals, creating final agreements, and managing their delivery and execution.
- Payments experience with payment schemes for example: payment service providers, acquirers with an understanding in compliance in the areas, not required but would be a plus.
- General commercial assistance, as and when required.